13 July 2009

---------------------------------------------------------------------- day 3 - Today, due to a serious lack of provisions, I'm forced to leave the drugstorecave.
Spent the last few days working on drum patterns/loops on the computer and coming-up with some basic structure for a few of the songs. I always plan to just record the most basic beat (just a click or a tambourine), but always end-up getting carried away, and programming every single bleedin' cymbal crash, and a drum structure for every part of the song. I've settled on 06 songs to start with, which is already going against the plan to just focus on a couple. Playing the songs side by side on the acoustic and with some beats, I'm beginning to feel that they all belong to a shared landscape, where the Bad Seeds meet Calexico, in some obscure deserted bar, in which all manner of life gets twisted and comes to a head. There's a country feel, but the setting is a lonely urban desert. will need to come up with some dirty-fuck guitar slides. The mystery of the shaker has been solved. It all came back to me - it was given to me by a little indie band called LaHonda, pretty positive about that. There's been so many tours and bands we've met, after awhile it all becomes just a single happy memory, if a little hazy.

5 comments:

Lex said...

That's the way when you are a perfectionist: you plan to do simple things but you end up spending way more time than predicted on the details. ;) Bon courage ! Sounds exciting. :)

Adrian the Rock said...

Hey, great to hear you're in composition mode again! I'll update my site with a link to this blogspot.

isabel monteiro said...

Dear Adrian,
your support throughout the years never went unnoticed!
exciting times again at the 'store!
x
isabel

Unknown said...

Cool to see a reminder of La Honda. I always kept a look out for them after 27 Women (the Tic Tac ad song) but never heard of them after they changed singers.

isabel monteiro said...

ref- LaHonda - didn't daron play w/ them for awhile?
also, beginning to question whether it was LaHonda who gave me the shaker...
it will come back to me, eventually...